Friday, April 5, 2013

Boise and Recipe

I decided to take a last minute trip with my girls to Boise on Wednesday. We made it in six hours with only two feeding stops.

We crashed at my friend's house and went running on Thursday morning with my old running group. My friend's daughter stayed home from school to watch my girls. I gave her $10. Win-win.

We were going to go 10 miles but I totally wasn't feeling it so around 8.5 I called another friend to pick me up. Complete wuss. The wind was blowing and I was thirsty. No other excuses. No poo stories.

I want to share a recipe today. It's pretty much all veggies but tastes like spaghetti.

I used spaghetti squash for the noodles. First time ever. It's pretty good with the sauce. I'm not a huge fan of it alone. I cooked it in the microwave for 6 minutes and then scraped it with a spoon.

For the sauce you need:
5 roma tomatoes
1/2 thing of sliced mushrooms
1/4 onion
2 garlic cloves
2 vegan sausages
some broccoli (sliced)


I sautéed everything but the tomatoes. When everything was semi soft I blended the tomatoes and added the puree to the other veggies. I added salt and Italian seasoning. Then I put the sauce on the spaghetti squash.

I'm writing this on my iPad and have no idea how to move the pictures, so here you go. Food. Recent pic. Before pic.

Rock it this weekend!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...