Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Meal Plan

I'm always interested at how people lose weight.  I have seen a lot of ways that work so there is not just one perfect plan.  The important thing is to make sure you are eating enough, but not too much.  Sixty percent of your diet should be carbs, 30 protein, and 10 fat.  Here is my meal plan for Tuesday.

Supplements
1 multi vitamin
1 fish oil (essential fatty acid)
1 packet of Crystal Light Energy (caffeine is a diuretic and boosts metabolism)
64+ oz water

Breakfast
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup milk
1 apple (I did a whole apple because I am nursing -- you can do 1/2 apple if you want fewer calories)
1 whole egg
1 egg white

approx 300 calories

Snack
1 apple (or eat the other half of your breakfast apple)
1 Atkins bar (I do Atkins bars because they are higher in protein and lower carbs than other snack bars -- plus they're yummy)

approx 260calories

Lunch
1 bowl of soup that I made with quinoa, carrots, celery, onion, and turkey.

1/4 cup cottage cheese
10 reduced fat Wheat Thins


approx 400 calories  (usually I would save the cottage cheese and Wheat Thins for a snack but I was extra hungry)

Snack
1 apple
1 serving peanut butter

approx 280 calories

Dinner
turkey pot pie (homemade without butter -- yeah, we have a lot of turkey left)

approx 400 calories

Snack
2 servings Swiss cheese
2 kiwis (or whatever other fruit you want)

approx 200 calories

That's approximately 1840 calories.  Everybody is different so use this as a guideline and add or subtract calories where necessary.  With this meal day I kind of mixed two days because I think that I didn't eat enough on Monday so I had to up it Tuesday.

One problem that many people have is that they don't eat enough calories and their body jumps into starvation mode so they don't lose anything.  When this started to happen with my clients I would up their calories by 200 and that seemed to work.  It's also important to eat enough so that your body burns fat, not muscle.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Kelli. I think it will really help me to see what someone else eats. I did super good for the majority of the year and then I just got bored with eating the same things every day so I stopped. This will help me get motivated again and hopefully give me a little more variety to choose from

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Jana! If you need any help or have questions, message me on Facebook. I'd love to help if I can.

      Delete
  2. Kelli how do I know how many calories to eat?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...