Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Time To Get Fit

I wrote the following on Monday and I have a picture to go with but Google is going to start charging for more than 1 gig of memory on Picasa and it won't let me upload pictures.  So I'm deciding what to do.  Just imagine a "before" pic of me with a soft, pudgy belly in jeans that I have no right to be in.  Mmmkay, now that that's said, here's the post...


It has been a week and 3 days since I had the baby and after a fantastic week of fatty, sugary foods, it's time to clean it up.  I have to do this on the blog so I have some accountability, especially during the holidays.  Maybe some of you are asking why I'm starting in the middle of the holiday season.  My answer to that is because I would rather lose 5 pounds during December (any other month would be about 10 pounds) than gain the average 1-5 pounds.  It's also a lot easier to continue eating well during January if you don't go off the wagon (I'm not even sure what that phrase means) in December.

After I had Morgan I didn't eat cleanly for about 6 months and I hung onto that extra 10 pounds until I made up my mind to lose it. My opinion is that having a baby is no excuse to be overweight.

So, who's with me? Tom, for one.  He has to eat well with me because I'm making him.  :)  We won't have crap in our house because I will eat it.

We will both be eating 2000-2400 calories per day.  Normally I wouldn't eat that much but I need an extra 500 calories since I am nursing.  The food will be stuff like oats, cottage cheese, fruit, veggies, whole grain tortillas, turkey pepperoni (yeah, that's for me), eggs, yams, chicken, reduced fat cheese etc.  We will eat 3 meals and 3 snacks averaging about 350-400 calories each.  I can post what we actually eat if anyone is interested.  It is easiest for me to eat the same thing every day except for dinner.  That way I don't get sick of the food because there is something new every night.

As far as exercising goes... I exercised my whole pregnancy.  I am dying to go jogging/running again and hoped to be able to run a 5k on Thanksgiving.  As it turns out, having a baby is a little traumatic on my body and I wasn't able to do that.  But within a few weeks I'm sure it will be better.  For now I will have to walk and lift light weights.  For those of you who haven't had a baby this month, you are probably okay to walk/jog/run for at least 30 minutes a day and lift heavy weights.  Obviously talk to a doctor if you're just starting.  And also remember that it's 85% what you eat and 15% workout.

Let's do this!

Starting weight:  159.6
Pre-pregnancy weight: 135
Goal weight: 130-138

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Kelli

    I understand how you feel, I have been there and don that. Go for it and get healthy! Have a great week.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Your nutrition plan sounds exactly like we have been doing the last few months. I think it's great, and it's really more of a healthy lifestyle than a diet. I know you are a crazy good runner, but I love the Nike Training Club app. It is such a good workout, and I do it from home.

    BTW, I'm willing to bet that no one would be able to tell that your "before" picture was a before picture, because I'm sure you look great--but I get it. You have a goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've been exercising my butt off since I had my last baby but I haven't lost the weight. So it must be what I eat. I think I eat healthy but I'm not good at eating snacks. So I would l love it if you would post your meals since that's what I struggle with. Thanks! :) and google did that to me too and I didn't see a way around it and paid the fee. Blah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...