Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kid Valentine Decor

*Like me on FB for more brilliant ideas!  :)

It is so flipping cold here that I want to cry.  And when it is this cold, there is no way I can take two kids outside to do anything so we have to find a way to pass the day inside without watching ten movies so yesterday I decided to do an art project with Morgan while Sophie was asleep.  I kind of "love" it.  And it cost like $3.50.

Photo

I started by pulling out my new Cricket that I got for Christmas.  Well, it didn't come with vinyl so we had to use masking tape instead.  I wrote "love" with the tape in the corner of a 16x20 canvas that I got at Hobby Lobby for $7 for a 2 pack (use the 40% off coupon from the website and it's even cheaper).  

We used pink acrylic paint that I had in my craft drawer and went to town painting with our fingers.

Here it is before I pulled the tape off.

And after the tape was pulled off.

Here it is in our living room to be displayed until mid February.

It was a fun project and Morgan is seriously proud of it (as am I).  Now to find something to do today.  Any ideas?

Linking up @:
Coastal Charm
  Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Photobucket
I Heart Nap Time

10 comments:

  1. I love this simple idea...something that me as a mom would take out every Valentine's Day:) Just posted about it on Craft Gossip!

    http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=7455

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Projects like these are always the best. My little guy and I made something similar for Christmas. :)

    Visiting from The Frugal Girls.

    ~Emily

    http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/01/clothespin-airplanes-baby-shower-decor.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love & want to try with my daughter. I understand about the cold, 2 kids & avoiding too much TV(: We brought a tricycle inside!! It's been great for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally doing this with my kiddos next Tuesday. After a full weekend of attention from two sets of grandparents, and then structured preschool on Monday, Tuesdays are always ROUGH around here (Seth is 5 an Erin is 2.5, and then there is 8 mo old James). I have a HUGE painting over my fireplace that I want to kind of "camouflage" with something seasonal, so I think I'm going to have a piece of mdf cut to size, and then prime it with white spray paint, and then let the kiddos go to town with red, white, and pink paint. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this simple, fun, and stunning idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. My frame just has a ledge on the inside that the canvas fits in.

      Delete
  6. I really like this! DIY art is my favorite and this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That not only looks great, it's precious! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a great idea! We gave it a go here: http://mysunshineandrainbows.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/valentines-day-2013.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...