Monday, January 14, 2013

Workout January: Week 3

How was your weekend?  Mine was full of self pity eating since I didn't get any closer to my weight loss goal.  But I'm ready to go at it again and refocus this week.  Since I have been at it for 6 weeks I am ready to increase cardio and do more reps of lighter weights.  This will hopefully stimulate fat loss... hopefully.  It normally does, but I'm not really normal right now.  

There are often times when I (and many other people) can't make it to the gym but still need to do some resistance training to build my massive muscles.  This week is going to be one of them because of Tom's work schedule and me being with the kids.  Thankfully I have a treadmill for cardio.  I'm still not over how great it is!  If you don't have one, a friend of mine told me about a great app called Nike Training Club.  I've done some of the workouts and they are really awesome.  You can also find workout videos on Youtube.  Once I found a Jillian workout and did that.  So anyway, not being able to go to the gym is no excuse.  You can get a good workout in your living room.  

Since I can't go to the gym, I'm going to do these workouts (below).  If you can go to the gym and want to use one of the workouts I do, you can find them on my baby-weight loss list.  Good luck this week!

How do it: Perform this workout as a circuit, completing the prescribed number of repetitions of each exercise without resting. Once you've done one set of each exercise, rest for two minutes, then repeat the entire circuit two more times.

Day 1:
Bodyweight Squat -- 15-20
Incline Push-up -- 12-15
Hip Raises -- 10
Side Plank -- 30 seconds each side
Floor Y-T-I Raises -- 8-12 reps of each


Read more at Oprah.com and see how to do these.

Day 2:
Dumbbell (or soupcans?) Lunge and Rotation -- 20
Mountain Climber -- 20
Dumbbell Push Press -- to fatigue
Dumbbell Row -- to fatigue
Squat Thrusts -- 10


See how to do them here.


Day 3:
mini circuit 1:
Offset Reverse Dumbbell Lunge (Step Back with Right Leg) -- 20
Underhand Grip Rear Lateral Raise -- to fatigue
Offset Reverse Dumbbell Lunge (Step Back with Left Leg) -- 20
mini circuit 2:
Swiss Ball Dumbbell Chest Press (or pushups if you don't have dumbells) -- to fatigue
Goblet Squat -- 20
Dumbbell Row -- to fatigue
mini circuit 3:
Thrusters -- 20
Swiss Ball Hip Raise and Leg Curl (if you have a ball) -- 20 or fatigue
T-Stabilization -- 10/side


See how to do them here.


Also do 30-60 minutes of cardio 5-6 days this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...