Friday, January 11, 2013

Fitness Story: Megan

You guys, I weighed in and I haven't lost anything.  Not. An. Ounce.  Actually, if you want to get technical, I gained almost a pound this week.  I am so frustrated because I'm doing everything right -- unless by chance I'm not eating enough calories and my body is hanging on.  I've even been doing 2-a-days going to the gym in the morning and treadmill later in the day.  Apparently I don't lose extra weight by breastfeeding.  I'm just not that lucky and I kind of hate those who are.  It stinks because I normally can lose easily when I do it right.  Frustrating!  The good thing is that I have heard from a couple of you and you are losing so good job!  Keep it up.


I'm really excited for the guest post I have today.  I have been reading Megan's blog for a while and it's pretty much one of my faves.  She's funny and tells it like it is.  Her daughter is the same age as Morgan and she does a lot of DIY.  The other day I was reading her blog and Tom glanced at a picture of her and asked when I took that (he thought it was me) because she even kind of looks like me.  She also happens to have an incredible weight loss story and I asked her to share it with you.  So be sure to head over to Miss Madison's Charmed Life and leave her some comment love:


I'm so excited to be guesting for Kelli today!

My name is Megan and I blog over at Miss Madison's Charmed Life.
3.5 years ago I got pregnant with my first child, Madison.
I was 185 pounds.

9 months later I was 260.


Some things I learned from this:
1. Don't eat for 2.
2. working out is not dangerous for the baby {I quit the gym after my Dr expressed concern over getting my heart rate too high}
3. Peanut M&M's are not baby vitamins.
4. The weight will not 'fall' off even with breastfeeding. {unless your one of the lucky few}

After seeing one too many pictures that looked like this....

I decided to take charge of my weight and do something about it.
I joined Weight Watchers because honestly I needed structure on my eating.
 I also joined a boot camp even though I was scared. I was scared I wouldn't be able to keep up, that I would be the heaviest person there, or that I would make a complete fool of myself.
BUT I went anyways and you know what, I WAS the heaviest person, I WAS the slowest, and I could barely do half the stuff everyone else was doing.
I kept going back though, never missing a day. One day I decided to see if I could run a mile before class, I huffed and puffed and thought 'how in the hell does anyone enjoy running??' 
BUT I kept at it, walking\running and never missing a workout. Slowly it got better, my chest and ass finally stopped hurting from all the jiggling :)
I decided to run a half marathon even though I had never even run a 5k, I didn't follow a 'program' I just got my booty outside and ran at least 5 times a week.
I was about 175 pounds.

I almost died, my feet were killing me and I was chaffed in about 5 different spots, but I finished in 2:27!
It was amazing and I had never been more proud of myself. I was hooked.
I continued to watch what I ate {most of the time, I mean HELLO I didn't get fat because I hated food!}
I kept exercising {some would say I'm a gym rat now}


Getting healthy is not just for me, but to be a good role model for my baby girl.
She calls it my 'sweaty time'



It's something we can do as a family {the Husband is not quite as fanatic about it as I am though}


I finally hit 100 pounds lost and wore a bikini on vacation.
I may not have a perfect body but I sure worked my ASS off to get the one I got, so I'm gonna show it off!

I hit a plateau around 150 pounds that I was at for a year, but I did not let that stop me.
I decided if I couldn't lose pounds I would gain muscle!


Running is my passion, but weights are where the magic happens.


I make the time to work out, I make healthy choices on food. What makes me feel good is knowing I'm giving it my all.
We are currently trying for another baby, my goal is to learn from my past and have the healthiest pregnancy I can. One of my goals is to run a half while I'm pregnant!
Thanks for reading my story and be sure to stop by and say hi, I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me :) I'll take that as a BIG compliment, you are totes cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspirational story that is REAL! My friend has some good rates in things including blog friends. Thanks for your story. Loved it. Robynn Howell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelli! Congratulations on the sweet new baby and I was so excited to see you blogging again!

    Anyway, I know PLENTY of people who reached a weight-loss plateau while nursing because their bodies liked to hold onto "stores" for future milk-making. Don't let that discourage you! And once they stop nursing, the final weight drops off. Off course, I'm definitely pro-nursing, so I don't think weight-loss should be a reason for weaning your child. BUT, it is totally up to the mom and it is NOBODY else's business!

    I'm so amazed at all you do with a brand new baby! I don't even think I left the house (except for doctor's appointments and grocery-shopping) for at LEAST six weeks after my baby was born. So, way to be a Super Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And way to go, Megan! Definitely inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...