Monday, January 21, 2013

Healthy, Yummy Dinners

Weigh-in was Friday and, yippee, I am down again.  150.4.  I'm hoping to be at 145 on Feb. 3 and 135ish by March.

I did some things differently last week.  First, I slept.  I tried to get 8 hours of sleep every night.  I think maybe with naps it all averaged to that.  I also didn't eat after 7 for 3 of the nights.  Last weekend I ate more calories than I had been.  So I'm not sure what helped: the sleep, not eating at night, or eating more so my body didn't think it was starving.  Maybe a combination of the three (or maybe the first two).

Starting weight on November 27-- 159.6
Total down: 9.2 lbs
Size: 30 (or 10, I think) jeans
Goal: 135 lbs, size 28 (or 6) by March
Height (because I know you want to know): 5' 8"


A lot of people are concerned that they will get bored eating healthy foods because there is no variety, especially at night.  That was my concern for my family.  I didn't want to make separate dinners for us so I did my best to make our dinners interesting, delicious and healthy.  Enter Pinterest (and follow me if you'd like).  I found these delicious recipes, changed them a little to make them more healthy (or low cal) and fed them to my fam.

First of all, you can follow the recipes on each site but just so you know, I did not add any oil or butter, even if it called for it.  

Mashed Cauliflower from What's For Dinner?: I used the cauliflower part instead of the potatoes.
Not potatoes! Olive Oil, Garlic, Chives, Romano Cheese Mashed Cauliflower. If you've never had mashed cauliflower...try it...you'll love it! Better than potatoes!

Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms from Kalyn's Kitchen: I added almond slivers and Chicken.
Yum!! Roasted green beans with mushrooms, balsamic, and Parmesan. Marinate in ziploc bag, spread out on cookie sheet and bake at 400, then sprinkle with Parmesan.

Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad from Nutmeg Notebook: With this one I substituted fat free Greek yogurt for the sour cream.
chipotle chicken taco salad :: only 249 calories for 2.5 cups!  Its soooo good!!!

Canastitas Caprese from Hispanic Kitchen: Mine weren't this cute.
basil, tomato, and mozzarella. Use wonton wrappers.

Chicken Sweet Potato Stir-Fry from Prevention: This recipe is on page 3.  I didn't love it.  It seemed a little too random.

1 comment:

  1. Love mashed cauliflower. Definitely helps to feel a little indulgent when eating clean. Can't wait to try your other recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...