Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Master Bedroom #3

This is the third time I have posted our master bedroom on this blog and the funny thing is that they have each been different master bedrooms -- and ours.  Ugh, we move too much (and I think we're catching the bug again).  

Anyway, this is the middle of the "before."  

I thought it would be such a great idea to get wooden letters and put a saying above the bed.  Listen, I'm not a vinyl on walls fan and this was just barely a step above that so I nixed it.  

Here's the final "after" pic.  Pardon the low quality phone photo.  I decided to go with pictures on a piece of wood that I painted.  The pictures are all black and white of me and my husband on various vacations that we have taken.  
Photo

Photo


The former owners of this house left their curtains and I hate everything about them.  Sure my bedroom is a mess (we were just moving in) but the brown curtains that cover the window make it look like a dungeon.

Here's a little tip for you:
Interior design cheat sheet. Excellent site for info on curtains, rugs, table sizes, etc.

And that is, in my opinion, much much better.
Photo

 I would even raise them more if the curtains were longer but doesn't it make the window look so much bigger?  And I know this picture doesn't show the whole room but the room looks a lot bigger with the lighter color.

PS  Remember how I mentioned my anti-love for vinyl on walls?  Well, look what the former owners left for us right there where it's almost impossible to get to without a ginormous ladder.  

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did in your master! Love the curtains- did you hang a new chandalier too? So fabulous!

    www.ellenoel.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...