Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sleeeeeep

I have zero will power.  Ugh.  We made cookies last weekend to deliver to friends and have some extra.  Every day I say that I'm not going to eat anymore but here I am at 11:30 at night sitting on the couch with a gallon of milk and a belly full of gingerbread men watching Army Wives when I should be trying to sleep before the baby wakes up for her two hour happy time that usually starts in 20 minutes.

Speaking of sleep, it's very important to get enough sleep (ideally 8 hours) when you're trying to lose weight. Now, I know after the first paragraph you're thinking, "who is this late night cookie eater to talk about losing weight?"  Well, I'm a normal person who struggles when there is too much delicious temptation.  But I know what I'm talking about.
Sleep is a necessary part of all our lives
If you're not getting enough sleep your metabolism/hormones could mess up, which could cause you to maintain or gain, not to mention that if you are tired you tend to drink caffeinated drinks, skip the gym, grab take-out and sit on the couch and eat cookies and milk in the middle of the night because you're too wound up to sleep.  And that sometimes makes you gain too.

So, to sum it up, get your sleep!  And I'm so jealous of you if you can (although I wouldn't change my situation for anything).


1 comment:

  1. It is so true. I find that when I don't get enough sleep, I forage all evening, trying to find something to give me that missing 'energy.' What I really need is not chocolate chips or frozen custard, but a few more hours of sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...