Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Healthy Cookies-ish

Let me tell you about something that is hard for me.  Eating well and not seeing results!  Obviously I won't see results of eating well until after November when I'm no longer pregnant.  But this time I have a goal to eat and exercise well during pregnancy.  When I was pregnant with Morgan I sort of let myself have whatever I wanted.  Bag of Halloween candy in one sitting?  Why not?!  I exercised the whole time, if walking for 30 minutes a day counts (which it does for many people, but not for me).  I gained 43 pounds!  FORTY THREE POUNDS!  I thought that was fine because I was on the lower end of my "healthy range" when I started, but 8 months after Morgan was born, when I was still trying to lose the weight, I realized that those bags of candy were so not worth it.  I just couldn't lose the last 10 pounds.  So this time I am trying hard not to gain the last 10 pounds so I don't have to lose it (and because we have a cruise scheduled in March and I want to look freaking awesome).

Does that mean I eat totally clean and never have treats?  Um, no.  I eat more treats than I should.  However, I do eat a whole lot better than I did with Morgan.  I am trying to skip the sweets during the week and only have them on weekends.  It's not totally working, but there are days where I don't have any sweets.

So, the point of this post is to introduce you to this "cookie" that I found on Pinterest.  It is more of a "healthy bar" than a "cookie," but it hits the spot when I want a treat.  Add a little peanut butter (I didn't have walnuts to make them) and you have a great, balanced energy bar. (PS If you want to follow me on Pinterest, go here or click on the button on the right).


Ingredients:
2bananas
1 1/2cup oatmeal
1cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4cup chopped walnuts
3tbsp raisins
2tbsp dried cranberries
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp cinnamon

Directions:

  1. preheat heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. mix vanilla extract & cinnamon into the applesauce
  3. blend applesauce mixture with all other ingredients & let sit for 10 minutes
  4. drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten cookies into rounds ~ (makes 12 - 16 cookies, depending on size)
  5. bake approx. 30 minutes, or until golden & done
  6. remove from oven & let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack
  7. when completely cool store in a covered container
  8. ~ MAKES 12 LARGE OR 16 REGULAR COOKIES

Nutritional Analysis:


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 56.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
90
Calories from Fat
21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
2.3g
4%
Saturated Fat
0.2g
1%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
2mg
0%
Total Carbohydrates
16.1g
5%
Dietary Fiber
2.2g
9%
Sugars
6.0g
Protein
2.3g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 1%Iron 3%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Legend

 Fat
 Protein
 Carbs
 Alcohol
 Other

Calorie Breakdown (?)
Nutrition Breakdown
Daily Values (?)
Daily Values


For more clean-eating meals, check out Watching What I Eat.  It's got a lot of great, healthy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...