Monday, August 6, 2012

Make Your Jeans Skinny

I'll be honest.  It sometimes takes me a while to jump on the fashion train.  It's a good thing I have friends who always look cute and wear stylish things.  My friend Michelle only wears skinny jeans so a while ago I bought some after making sure they were okay with her.  I love them!  In fact, I love them so much that I decided to make some other pants the same.   

These are some new maternity pants that I may dye blue or mint or coral.  For now they remain white and they're still a little big.

I turned the white pants inside out and lined up the insides (inner thigh) of the pants and drew a line with a pen along the outside edge of the skinny jeans.

Then I pinned them and sewed along the line.

After I made sure they fit right, I cut the excess material.

These are another pair that fit right now.  I did the same thing to them.  They used to be boot cut
.


And this is a pic of my belly at 24 1/2 weeks.

Anyway, making skinny jeans out of boot cuts is pretty much the easiest sewing project ever.  All you need to do is follow the line you drew.  I'll probably do it to a few more pairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...