Friday, August 10, 2012

Make Your Own Mod Podge

Hi friends!  I just want to make sure you are stocking up on glue while it's on sale for back to school.  I'm sure you can get some for free with coupons and sales, but if you don't have any, Shopko's ad has $.28 Elmer's Glue (4 oz bottle, limit 4).  Super deal!

Why do you want glue?  Mod Podge, of course.



50/50 mix of glue and water

Matte finish:
Fill a jar half way up with white glue (like Elmers)
Fill jar with equal amount of water.
Shake Well.

Glossy finish:
Same as matte plus 1 TBS of clear varnish.
Shake it!


All of that said, I have read that the homemade Mod Podge is not quite up to par with the real thing.  See this post.  But, I don't care enough right now to not make my own.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...