Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Anthro Vase Knock-Off


I'm sure there's no need to preface this post with "I love Anthropologie" but I do.  I LOVE Anthropologie!  I especially love a good Anthro knock-off, as I'm sure you know if you remember the two lamps and the bedding.  Soon I hope to have curtains and more bedding, but until then, here is a new one.  My version of the Anthro vase. 

anthropologie.com
Pretty Pansy Vase

my version


What is the flower made of?  Just plastic spoons.  Yes, PLASTIC SPOONS (I'm trying to be dramatic)!  Anyway, I found a tutorial for the plastic flower at Can't Stop Making Things.  I was going to make my own tutorial but I was making the flower with Morgan and there was an open flame that I didn't want to take my eyes off of to grab my camera (and they do a good job at Can't Stop Making Things so why -- just go there).

My part of the tutorial:  Hot glue the flower to your vase.  That's it, my Anthropologie loving friends.

Anthro's vase: $18 (which is very reasonable for Anthropologie).
My vase: less than $1 (I got the vase at a garage sale with a ton of other things and spray painted it).

Now use the rest of your money on something good (savings?).


Linking up at the great Linky parties found at the bottom of the blog.  They are where I find most of my inspiration!  Check them out!

plus

36 comments:

  1. That's sweet! And, I didn't realize it was plastic spoons until you said so! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like your version a lot better! good work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vase from Anthro and yours looks amazing - plastic spoons and hot glue..wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. spoons?! Wow! I want to try!! :) Your vase looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! I've got to try this.
    P.S. I love Anthro way too much but I gotta say that your vase wins hands down.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is nice. You just don't even need to have a flower in the vase, it is so decorative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would definitely NOT have guessed plastic spoons. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea. I recently helped my sister design her front room and she purchased the anthro vase. I will have to tell her about this, it's pretty genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No way...plastic spoons?! This looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Thanks for mentioning the plastic spoon tutorial on my blog. Your version looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! And I can't believe it's made from SPOONS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SPOONS!?!?!?
    That is really amazing. I'll have to try it out :)
    -Jazmine
    keepitkrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would never have thought those were plastic spoons. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo I love this! And I love that it's made out of spoons- too cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking up! I just posted a link to this on my fb page :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness this is absolutely amazing! Plastic spoons???? I can't believe it! I'm gonna have to try this technique out, your vase looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks amazing. I would love to get my hands on a pretty vase with a flower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never would've guessed plastic spoons, either. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooo neat. I too love anthro, but I never would have thought to do this. Great to have you be a part of SEASONAL SUNDAYS.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, I love your version more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Never would have guessed those were spoons. Looks amazing. (Saw your post on The Girl Creative)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely! Thank you for sharing your lovely post at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. that is seriously cool. SERIOUSLY COOL! Thanks so much for the inspiration. I started a link party at my blog and I'd love for you to link this up. If you're interested it's http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/ Have a lovely day, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anything that says Anthro knock-off I love!!! That place is so great but not with pricing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this..sooo creative!
    Sarah
    www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Anthro knock offs too! I've seen the plastic spoon flower before, but even then I didn't realize that was what this was. Great idea!

    We're starting a link party this week and we'd love to have you share this there! http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/01/wayward-weekend-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh wow! that flower is unbelievably cute! :)

    great job knocking off that vase!
    thanks for linking up and linking back to catch as catch can, I really appreciate it!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is sooo cool. I can't believe the flower is made from plastic spoons.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So beautiful and so creative! I really want to try this. Yours is better than the original. I featured this this week at Lines Across. Thanks for sharing.
    Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2012/01/cure-for-common-monday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this! what a great day and so cost effective!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...