Wednesday, February 20, 2013

3 Minute Caprese

I normally don't watch a lot of daytime TV but we have been inside for a couple of days because Morgan is sick and when we're not watching Bambi or Cars I like to turn on the news (ie The Today Show's Kathie Lee and Hoda segment -- haha).  The stars aligned at 3 PM and both girls took a nap at the same time, which never happens since Mo hasn't napped in 2 years. Today I got to watch Ellen (do you watch her?  Seriously hilarious.) while I hung clothes that have been waiting for 3 months in a basket in my room.  No, seriously. Three months.

How have you been doing with your healthy eating?  It's been hard for me to stick to my "plan" (from Monday).  Maybe because we're out of food and I can't take my sickie to the grocery store.  But I have been eating healthy.  We had a couple of tomatoes that needed to be eaten so I made a yummy 200 calorie snack/meal and I wanted to share the recipe (if you can even call it that) today. If you follow me on Instagram you may have already seen this. PS, you can follow me @theturquoisepiano (or the Instagram icon at the top).


Recipe:
1 large or medium tomato
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella
basil (to taste)
salt (to taste)

Just slice the tomato.  Then sprinkle the cheese, basil and salt on top.  Heat until the cheese melts (I heated it in the microwave).  It's pretty much caprese and very yummy and healthy.

Do you have any super simple, healthy recipes?  I'd love new ideas!

4 comments:

  1. I am attempting oven baked, panko crusted tilapia tonight. Hopefully it turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo. LMK how it goes and if I need the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all the ingredients to make this right now. That never happens! Totally having this for breakfast.

    xo Ami (a new follower!)
    a champagne dream

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli, the tilapia was awesome! Even my picky eater asked me to make it again. Success!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...