Friday, February 22, 2013

Luck Art












My week has been full of puke.  Poor sick kid!  I feel really bad for her.  But after she's finished puking and has a ring of hot chocolate puke around her mouth and says "oh no!" I can't help but laugh.  I finally took her to the doctor (don't worry, I called the nurse on the 2nd day and she said to wait) and oh my gosh, trying to get her to pee in a cup was like less fun than shoving a fork in your eye.  I was there for two hours (with a small lunch break) and she still wouldn't go.  Then I looked down at the floor and noticed I was kneeling on somebody else's dried pee drips.  Gah!!! We ended up at home with a cup for when she does need to go and I now have on clean yoga pants.  We are done for the day.  

With all that down time I did have the opportunity to do a St. Paddy's project with Morgan:


This time (as opposed to the Valentines decor time) I had vinyl for my Cricut and, after an hour of figuring it out, we got our letters cut!

This is a 16x20 canvas.  The letter were cut on size 5 then I put them on the canvas.

I got two colors of green acrylic paint and we painted with our fingers.  If you do this, start with the lightest color first.  We didn't and ended up making two because I like the 2nd way better.

I made sure to paint all around the letters.

After the first (lightest) color was dry I put a shamrock (that I drew and cut out) on top and put the other color on around it.  I also finger painted some of the darker color around the rest of the canvas.  I did this part by myself (without kids).  

Here it is at it's new home on top of the TV hutch.





I am sooooooooooo ready for March and warmer weather!

Linking up at these parties and Honeybear Lane.


4 comments:

  1. Cute! And sorry about the pee. I can't imagine trying to get a three year old to pee in a cup. I can hardly do it, and I'm an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute idea, I love stuff that the kids can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank heavens I haven't had to get my daughter to pee in a cup yet... I can barely do it myself haha. Dang shy bladder!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...