Thursday, December 8, 2011

The 6th Day of Christmas: Framed Santa with Baby Jesus Picture

Before I introduce today's project I want to talk to those of you who live in the Boise, Idaho area.  I realize that is not most of you but just in case there are some.  I just found out that there is a homeless shelter (Interfaith Sanctuary) in major need of toys and furniture (couch, chairs, not beds). The nursing mothers only have a twin sized mattress to take their babies to in the middle of the night... to share! I have a rocker that I can give but they need more. If you have or know of anyone getting rid of furniture please let me know and I will contact them for donations.  Thank you.

I guess I will tie that plea into today's project and give it an overall "true meaning of Christmas" theme.  Christ.  I love the traditions of Santa, the lights, the shopping, the decorating, and everything else that goes with Christmas but I absolutely recognize that without Him it is just another pagan celebration.  That's why I am so touched at all the giving, the kindness, and the love that also comes with the season.  I know that the homeless shelter will get what they need.

My sister-in-law and I were at Hobby Lobby the other day and she bought this 20x24 framed picture of Santa with Baby Jesus and we were admiring how well it tied in the secular with the religious part of Christmas.  So, I chose to do this framed picture of Santa with Christ for today's project to bring the holiday together.  


Remember this foam board that I bought at the dollar store?  Well, I have a bunch left over from the 2nd day of Christmas.

I also had some frames that I scored at a garage sale for less than $1 each.

I cut out the foam board so it fit into the back of one of the frames.

And I spray painted the frame white.

Next I randomly Googled a picture of Santa with Baby Jesus and found one that I really liked so I printed it and placed it in the frame with the foam board for the back.  That's it.  No decoupage.  No glass.  Just a foam back (and it wouldn't have worked without it).  I'm totally trying this (probably a different picture) with a square frame now!





Linking up at the great Linky parties found at the bottom of the blog.  They are where I find most of my inspiration!  Check them out!

plus

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful creation...I like the round frames. I was just talking with a group of friends about the Santa and baby Jesus connection some times seen..I like it !

    - KAT -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love that, and I love all of these Christmas projects. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen that picture, and I love how it ties it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would make great neighbor gifts (depending I guess on your neighbors)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE that photo. Would you mind telling me where you found it??

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Tracy: Actually I just Googled "Santa and Jesus Picture" and it came up under images. There is one here http://www.ldswomenofgod.com/blog/?p=3296 but I'm not sure if you can blow it up. Mine isn't very good quality. I'm sure there is a way to order a good one though. Good luck!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a large figurine of this and an ornament. I purchased them at Family Christian. Bookstore. They are my two favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...