Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Best of 2011

Since I shared my worst projects yesterday I have to redeem myself by sharing the best projects with you today.  I couldn't pick just three and I wanted to pick way more than I did.  It's been a fun year!  These are all of my favorites.  

#1: The piano I painted turquoise was my inspiration for this blog.  It is also the post with the most views and comments.

#2: The settee was my first major upholstery project (and I'll be honest, it still needs some help with the cushion).  I posted it on my blog like 2 or 3 weeks after I started the blog and it was featured on Apartment Therapy.  I'll be honest again.  Until then I had no idea what Apartment Therapy was.  One of my friends posted on my FB page that I was "a celeb" and I was like "oh, cool!"  Then I quickly googled Apartment Therapy.  It turns out that it's kind of a big deal.  Totally flattered.  

#3: The chandelier transformation is definitely one of my favorite projects.  It was cheap and pretty quick to do and it makes a HUGE statement in our guest room.  I could have a chandelier in every room of my house, including bathrooms.  Sigh. 



#4: The Antrhopologie inspired lamp.  I've done two lamps that were inspired by Anthropologie.  I love them.  And I love that they didn't cost more than $10.  


#5: The peach chair wasn't one of my faves to do but it is one of my faves to look at.  It is in my master bedroom and it makes the room.



#6: The Craigslist chair.  This was the chair that gave me confidence to do bigger upholstery projects.  I love love love the fabric (from Joann's).  


#7: Basement makeover.  I am sitting in the basement at my parents' house typing this and loving my surroundings.  I love this makeover.  So much.



Linking up at the great Linky parties found at the bottom of the blog.  They are where I find most of my inspiration!  Check them out!

plus

26 comments:

  1. seriously you've got some true talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piano is one of my favorite projects in blogland!!

    I can't wait to see what's in store for 2012.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the settee and chandelier are amazing!
    I love them!
    You have some serious talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the painted brick fireplace in the basement....so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE your turquoise piano.. I want a PINK one... :) But I will probably chicken out and do the ever safe WHITE,,, :) would love for you to link up here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-3-and-features/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I love your BEST of this year andddd I love that you can embrace your your "worsts" as well! :o) Yayyy i can't wait to be inspired by YOU in 2012!!!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You were a busy lady this past year, Kelli. And all that hard work paid off. Just look at those wonderful makeovers! ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday again this week. I hope you have a terrific New Year!

    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found you thru My Romantic Home and you are my New Year's Eve gift! My grandma's piano, given to her by her dad in about 1907, was lost to us in the 1960s when it was given to a church upon her death. I found it 20 yrs later in the basement of the preacher's house. It had been painted white with orange flowers in the 1970s. They couldn't remove the piano because the old carriage door of the basement had been made into a window. In the mid-2000s, the preacher was going to move and I knew it was do-or-die for my grandma's piano. I contacted the preacher and he said the new owner had decided to take an axe to the piano because he didn't want it. I took a team of guys in there with a trailer, we removed the basement side door off its hinges, and somehow-someway we got that piano out of there with probably only 1/32-inch to spare. It's been in my garage for 7 years because I can't afford to restore it. I'm sure by now, unless my ancient cat who lives in the garage has roused himself out of sleep enough to catch the occasional field mouse, the "felts" are eaten up and we've got "nests" inside (I live in an old 1920s cottage on a hill with old-growth foliage). A piano restorer told me it would cost at least $5000 for him to restore the piano. NOT! What to do? I've worried about this for all these years...plus, I play, and I could be playing this sentimental, treasured instrument. Now, I'm reading your piano story and I'm thinking, this is my answer...The Turquoise Piano!!! Am I up to it? Can I do that? I've never refurbished anything in my life. Could 2012 really be the year my piano gets INSIDE my house? There's Hope!!! Thank you, thank you. I bet I'll be asking for tips along the way. I love your turquoise piano. It's gorgeous...and a training tool!!! (I think that's enough exclamation points, but you get my excitement by now.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWSERS! I love your turquoise piano inspiration and the ruffle lamp....and the chandy...you are awesome:)If you have a chance, I would love for you to link this up at my party today!

    http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/12/get-schooled-saturday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Vicki,
    Good luck! Email me at kellinielson @ yahoo.com (no spaces) if you have questions. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... Your blue piano is one cool thing. Seriously awesome...
    Found you through The Southern Institute's Creative Me Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year to you! Thanks for joining my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw the turquoise piano at a link up and realized I hadn't visited for a little while. Your basement makeover is AMAZING - I had to look a couple times before I believed it was the same room. Your parents must be thrilled to have a whole new living space! I wanted to be sure to wish you and your family a happy new year. All the best - Erin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome projects this past year, Kelli! Looking forward to seeing more in 2012! ;)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping in from Debbiedoos ... and am loving each and every one of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great projects! I love the upholstered chair and the lamp shade. Great work! Happy New Year!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that Craigslist chair redo! And love the piano! I've been trying to talk my husband into painting ours. So far it's a no go. :-)

    Eva from Tales of the Scotts
    evamscott05.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. what an awesome year! that settee is my fave! i love it- but the lamp is a very close second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. of course it was your Turquoise Piano that is the most recognizable and I love the chandelier but that Craig's list chair is a new one for me and I love it. I will be featuring it on the next Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love, love, love the turquoise piano! I want to do that when we have more living space!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...