Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Disagreements

We have this futon in our house that hubs has had for almost 10 years.  I'll give it credit.  It's nice for a futon.  However, I've been trying to sell it on craigslist and even had some interest but when I asked him if he'd take what I posted it for, he got all weird and I knew I had possibly offended his decor abilities.  Oops.  Last night we had a conversation that went something like this...

him - "I was thinking we could keep the futon and use it in our next house in case we need a bed for a guest room."
me - "I have some pretty mad skills, you know."
him - "So what you're saying is that you'll never look at a room and say, 'I wish I still had that futon?'"
me - "Yep.  Uh-huh.  Yes.  That's exactly what I'm saying."

Another thing we disagreed on is this bench.  When I brought it home from a garage sale and told him I paid $10, he told me that I got ripped off.

But after a little love, some scrubbing, sanding, and paint... I'm not so sure.  


Cost sum:
Bench - $10
Pillows - $4
Paint - Already had = free
Total - $14

13 comments:

  1. Oh men. They don't see potential! the bench looks so cute! and HEY tell Tom we will give his futon a loving caring smoke free home. he can even come visit it. :) we need one for when my sis comes into town! It could be his home teaching gift to us HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bench! I love this blog too, it makes me really wish I knew how to sew!! Also, why would you need a futon for a guest bed when you already have 2 beautiful guest beds??? Futons are the worst to sleep on too, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're married to the same man...I to have two benches that need some work,so after seeing how beautiful yours turned out,I think I'll get started on mine.LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a bench like that, with wrought iron, for only $10? that's a steal!!

    It came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job on that bench, love the paint choices and the pillows! Bet your husband is impressed now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to know what steps you did to redo the bench! Did you just sand, prime and paint??

    Would love it if you emailed me! Thanks!

    Pamela @ pbjstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Paint is the great transformer! Love the name of your blog!

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute! If you are like us we always need outdoor seating and you can't beat $14. Nice job! Thanks for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the bench turned out! Great find and makeover!
    You will be featured at this week's {nifty thrifty sunday}!
    Stop by and pick up a featured button. I hope to see you again tomorrow! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...