Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our House Thursday

Welcome to Morgan's room.  I have decided to feature it on my blog because we are moving in two weeks and I need to document our house (read about our house sale here).  I'll break it down for you so you know just how inexpensive it can be to decorate.

Bedding.  I made the blanket and the pillows.  I bought the material at Joann's with a 50% off coupon so it all cost roughly $20-$30 (it's been a while so I don't remember for sure).  I got the little rocker for $1 at a garage sale, painted it white, and reupholstered it.  The book holder we had, but you could find a basket at a thrift store for super cheap.  I just painted it and voila... 

The curtains were from Burlington Coat Factory and I think they were $6 each.  The white thingy over her bed was $10 at Ikea.  And I'm thinking the garbage was from Ross and I'm sure I didn't pay much for it.

I bought the shelves at the thrift store for $1.50 and painted them.  I got the pink frame for free from my old job and painted it.  The lamp was a Goodwill find for $5-ish.  The nightstand was my grandma's and it has been painted a willion times.  The big rocker was $15 at a garage sale.  It used to be red with red pillows.  I painted it white and made the black and white cushions to match the rest of the room.  


Total cost: Approx $64.50 for accessories and maybe $15 for paint = $79.50.  Sorry I can't be exact.  I'm going to be doing her new room totally different and I will feature that with exact cost.

Pretty please follow me.  I will be having a give-away soon!

I will be Linky partying on these blogs.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Kelli! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you please share your creative posts at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors. I'd love if you'd share this at my linky party. http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2011/08/linky-3-will-craft-for-sanity.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute room for your daughter. I love the bedding. You did a great job on that. Good luck with your move and come back and share the new decorating! Thanks for linking it with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow her room is soooo adorable! I love it. I love the bedding too! New follower from the hop. Hope you could stop by my blog and follow back at tootsabellarose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...