Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My First Chairs

My apologies to those who read my family blog and have seen these before, but I just love them and wanted to feature them on this blog.

I found these dirty, smokey chairs at Deseret Industries (a local thrift store) and they were, as my 2 year old would say, GROST (gross + t).  But, with a little love and the same amount of paint...


They transformed!  I totally redid the cushions and reupholstered them in Hollywood Teal from Joann's, which is not an upholstery material.  These were my very first chairs and I didn't know you needed to buy a different kind of fabric for them (duh!).  So, I guess they will be reupholstered soon, but I'm still loving them.



See where I'm Linky partying on my Linky list.

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    Just hopped over from Bunny Jean's blog hop Wednesday to admire your revamped chairs, great job!
    Maggie @ Normandy Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say they changed! I have to go looking for that Turquoise piano ;)

    I thought I became a follow the other day, but I am now!

    Hope to see you next week :)

    xoxo BunnyJean @ BunnyJean's Decor and More!
    www.BunnyJeansDecorAndMore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! This is giving me a Mod Mix feel like over at Nita's Mod Vintage Life. I love her eclectic style. I like what your doing here, keep up the good work! Now I see the link! Thanks for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...